What you need to know about Taxi Cab Accidents
Most taxi cab accidents result from excessive speeding or drivers rolling through intersections and stop signs. When you get in a taxi cab, you are putting your faith in the driver’s ability to get you to your destination safely. When the cab driver fails at this duty, he holds all legal responsibility for your injuries.
How to Act Before Calling a Taxi Accidents Lawyer
1. Call the police and make sure that an ambulance is dispatched to the scene of the accident
2. Get immediate medical attention for any injuries sustained in the accident (allow paramedics to transport injured parties to the hospital for care and treatment)
3. Do not speak with the other party without contacting an attorney
4. Exchange identifying information and insurance information with all parties involved in the accident
5. Do not speak directly with the other party’s insurance adjusters, attorneys or representatives without consulting with LA Injury Attorneys
6. Take pictures of the scene of the accident, your vehicle and the injuries sustained in the car or auto accident
7. Do not sign any medical release forms without speaking to an Attorney
If you have been injured while riding in a taxi cab, please contact LA Injury Attorneys for a free telephone consultation and possible legal representation in your matter.